Monday, October 19, 2009

Lantern Walk

This weekend a bunch of students went on a lantern walk in Fukuoka. We ventured to different shrines, displaying various types of lanterns. It was really pretty. Take a look!

Kushida shrine

Huge traditonal sculpture, carried during matsuri and parades.

With very intricate, life-like designs.

Preparing the lanterns...

The view from up top...
All lanterns.

Walking to the next shrine...

A big, scary (but very cool) statue.

Another shrine

More lanterns

Genki JACS and FCC collab.

Yatai! Oishii sou...

My new ojiichan!
He made my day. Look at that smile!

Yatai ramen

&myyy dinner... SALMON :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn...I can't belive I missed that.
    The picture from up top where you can see the man that is made of all the lanterns- 本当にすごい!
    And then the picture right under the one I mentioned above. That one, too. Awesome.

    いいね〜 :)

    ReplyDelete